Additive manufacturing has completely changed the way thermoformers – and OEMs – view tooling, in terms of production time, cost and quality. When compared to traditional metal tooling, Catalysis can 3D print tooling in half the time for half the cost while maintaining the same level of quality. Not only that, but 3D printing allows for the design of more complex tooling or low-to-medium volume production parts, removing constraints inhibited by traditional tooling design.
Benefits Of Catalysis 3D Printed Drape Forming Tooling
Catalysis 3D printed drape form tooling is transforming the Thermoforming industry as we are providing cost and production time savings. The fully isotropic build of the tools avoids any delamination of the tool and light sand blast finish (100RA) eliminates A-side witness marks.
- Fully isotropic build avoids any delamination
- Light sand blast finish (100RA) eliminates A-side witness marks
- Capable of high volume production
- Extremely fast print time allows us to get the tools printed, processed & to our customers as quickly as possible
Manufactured in half the time & half the cost of traditional metal tooling
Our technology has allowed us to truly be a One-Stop-Shop for all of your tooling needs
Compared to Conventional Tooling Methods
Ren / Wood Board
- Limited production volumes
- Tool delaminates
- Unable to keep optimal tool temperature